Sunday, 3 October 2010

Derby Worlds

Yesterday saw me have an early morning start and an hour or so later and I found myself at Derby University and in the queue to get into the Derby Worlds.

It was my first time there and I have to admit I was impressed. There was a decent crowd, some stunning battlefields (Waterloo in 15mm was pretty damn impressive)  and all the main manufacturers and traders were there. Special mention goes to the guys from Gripping Beast, great blokes.
I picked up a few boxes of Victrix French to swell the ranks, I also collected some Perry 95th Rifles skirmishing while I was there and I picked up Harold Godwinson from the aforementioned Gripping Beast, which is even more stunning when it's in your hands than it looks in photos on the net. I could have spent double what I did and still bought more, but I resisted and my wallet, and the General thanked me for showing restraint.

I had an excellent day but, no photos I'm afraid, as I completely forgot about my camera, until I was wandering around the venue thinking, 'I must take a picture of that', always the way, eh?
Still, I got a few (120+) more models for my collection. Now I just need to paint them.

No comments:

Post a Comment